Thursday, February 3, 2011

Pan Roasted Asparagus


Pan Roasted Asparagus, originally uploaded by riptideredsf.

I'm a huge fan of the library and even more so this week since picking up Melissa Clarks "In the Kitchen with a Good Appetite". I'd forgotten I'd ordered it. That was one of the photo-less cook books that came up on Mattbites awhile back...and definitely this gal knows how to write and entice you into the kitchen without delay.
When perusing a new cookbook I'm usually flipping throught the pages and looking at the pretty pictures then going back again and tagging the recipes that look appealing. That's generally worked for me.
So without pretty pictures, I just started at the beginning and read. Her stories and guidance through each recipe made me want to make things I'd normally pass on.
This recipe is called Pan Roasted Aspargus with Anchovy Bread Crumbs and Fried Eggs. Normally I would have seen the word Anchovy and kept on flipping. I was intrigued by her description of the pan roasting and I really need to use that asparagus. I figured I could substitute the last of my turkey bacon top it off with my new found love of the poached egg and voila!
This is wonderful. She calls the section "Waffling Toward Dinner" She's my new favorite cook book author.

No comments:

Post a Comment