Monday, February 14, 2011

A Few Broken Eggs? No Worries


Mayonaise, originally uploaded by riptideredsf.
Last night I ventured home determined to make Sables. I needed to stop at the market for eggs. Got home and three eggs were smashed. Considering that I've packed up my bicycle basket with eggs many times, this is the first time I've broken any.
Anyhoo...What to do? Make mayo. I've never made mayonaise before. Lets give it a whirl!
As fate would have it I'd just pulled out Mark Bittman's How to Cook Everything around the same time as I'd watched ATK's Sandwich episode in which Julia whips up her own mayo for her tuna salad. So it was a no brainer to find a use for these unfortunate eggs. I did scramble up some for dinner.
It doesn't really taste like any mayonaise I've ever had but that's cool. This promises to be the start of something good.
So today I'll make cole slaw and maybe some tuna salad.

No comments:

Post a Comment