Monday, February 7, 2011

It Feels Like Mac 'n Cheese Time


New Message, originally uploaded by riptideredsf.
If I haven't said it before I'll say it again...America's Test Kitchen changed my life. Whenever I go to the library I'll grab any DVD's that happen to be available, no matter how many times I've seen it, they're like my old friends welcome in my home anytime. I'll love pottering around my kitchen with Chris and Bridget nattering away in the living room or I'll sit glued to the television for an entire evening watching for the 5th or 6th time the mac 'n cheese episode from season 2. Honestly I just can't get enough.
Thusly in my immediate future I see Mac 'n Cheese as well as deep dish pizza. On today's to do list is the purchase of a pizza stone and perhaps a deep dish pan. In the nearish future I might have to give that turkey tetrazini a go, man! that looked good.  Chris introduced the episode with a goofy story about being served tetrazini at one of his Vermont neighbors homes and being told (afterward) that it was Squirrel. I think I'll venture into the whole chicken territory for this one.
It's a gorgeous day for a bike ride to do some shopping, perhaps a little picnic and some reading then an evening in the kitchen.
I couldn't help myself, but last night I made the Shaved Asparagus Pizza again. There were some little differences in this attempt. I used the SK recipe for Simple Pizza dough. The first rising occurred in the plastic wrapped ceramic bowl in the oven for a couple of hours actually. I put in in before I headed off to Salsa class...so it was in there for more than 3 hours. Too much? It had more than doubled. Pressed it down and let it rise for 20  more minutes. I rolled it out a little bigger than I did the previous time. Piled on the usual toppings, though I did add some fresh thyme to the asparagus. The crust turned out much thinner than before, but this pizza still rocks. I'm seriously debating on whether or not to share it.

No comments:

Post a Comment