Thursday, November 18, 2010

Raw Tuscan Kale Salad


Tuscan Kale Salad, originally uploaded by riptideredsf.

This blurry bit of goodness comes from 101 Cookbooks and was my inspiration to give kale a try. These days I'm all about trying new things and stalking my farmers market where I snagged a giant bunch of kale for a dollar. The dressing consists of olive oil, lemon juice, red pepper flakes, sea salt and parmesean tossed with the slivered kale and rustic toasted french bread croutons.The red pepper flakes enhance the peppery flavor of kale and it's hearty curly texture grabs hold of all that lemony cheesy goodness. It's a keeper and I suspect this will find its way onto the family Thanksgiving table next week.
The gal over at 101 Cookbooks has the right idea. I can relate to her objective to begin using the books she's collected over the years. I ended up giving most of mine away only keeping what could fit on one kitchen shelf.
There are two cookbooks on my shelf that I find myself pulling out more so than others. Local Flavors and Vegetarian Cooking For Everyone both by Deborah Madison. I've had these for years and I'm pretty sure they came from some cookbook club subscription I signed up for and never paid for.

I challenge myself to this: I will venture my way through Vegetarian Cooking for Everyone and I will go back to Weight Watchers (so I can brag about it) and it goes without saying, blog it.

No comments:

Post a Comment