Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Little Kitchen Reflections

I'm spending the early morning hours of my day off doing my usual, sitting at a sunny table at Simple Pleasures getting my java fix, contemplating todays to do list & toolin' around the internet. Wilst at flickr, labeling some of my photos I was reminded of the early days leading up to the Little Kitchen, long before I ventured to blog...a mere six months ago. Seems like just yesterday.
Inspiration came via Smitten Kitchen which I stumbled upon while searching for something veggie. My Weight Watchers meeting had just issued its Fruit and Veggie Smackdown and using my OCD for the greater good not to mention my competative nature, I set out to embrace the vegetable and start cooking. I think I was trying to ease my way into the veg by looking for a healthier (hehehe) mac & cheese recipe and was somehow divinely directed to this recipe for Scalloped Tomatoes, drawn to the gorgeous photography then hooked by the amusing and engaging introductions and recipe commentary. Inspiration struck and stuck.
Eggplant, squash, cauliflower, kale & sweet potatoes are new to the kitchen and I've ventured out of my banana and berry comfort zone to embrace peaches, kiwis & pears.

No comments:

Post a Comment