Saturday, November 6, 2010

Cauliflower Parmesean Cake


Cauliflower Parmesean Cake, originally uploaded by riptideredsf.
This little cake load of savory goodness came my way via Smitten Kitchen a few weeks back. The first thing that went through my mind upon seeing the title was "?!?!??????????". Cauliflower and cake in the same recipe? That's just mental! But. Then a couple of things happened.
First: I considered the source. That effen blog has been right on the money every single time and is the reason why I'm doing what I'm doing right now since I discovered that gold five months ago.Were the little genius behind that blog to walk in the door of my little coffee house right now I don't know whether I would screech in delight, run over and plant a big wet sloppy one on her or snatch her bald cursing "@#$%$!!!! What the &$#* have you %#$@ done to me you %&#?" See, I'm a little OCD
Second: "Remember your new credo" I remind myself, "Try Something New!" See, I'm also a creature of habit and venture out of my comfort zone all too infrequently.
Anyhoo...I've got this in my oven right now. After a couple of fits and starts on this recipe I'm taking it for a road test. I'm actually gonna foist this little puppy on friends, family and complete strangers. Today is my nieces 16th birthday party and there will be slumbering and brunch tomorrow and this is particularly awesome the next day.

No comments:

Post a Comment