Saturday, July 30, 2011

Breakfast Quesadilla


Breakfast Quesadilla, originally uploaded by riptideredsf.
Here's another riff on my newest favorite thing with a whole wheat tortilla fused onto a little omelet of caramelized onions, roasted peppers, blue cheese and basil. This one was far prettier in the skillet than it was on the plate but the taste is pretty freakin' awesome.
I still can't get over the onion transformation in the caramelizing process. Now I always have a jar in the fridge. I've made scones and biscuits with them and of course they're great on pizza or on top of a foccacia. So far I've been using just cheap, .39 cents a pound, yellow onions. Would caramelizing sweet onions be much too much or ultimately sublime? and of course there's the red onion...sigh...this is what I do.
Crazy.

No comments:

Post a Comment