Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Goat Cheese and Strawberry Tartine

Dorie Greenspan is such a goddess. I recently got "Around My French Table" from the library for the second time and within about 20 minutes of perusing the book I'd already tagged 7 or 8 recipes. My goal was to tag 5 and commit to actually making them within the next two weeks before the due date. Copying and saving is not an option in my little kitchen challenge.
I truly love this book. Dories story of living in France has been a dream of mine for over 20 years so the recipes are only a part of the inspiration I find in this hefty coffee table cookbook.
She had me at goat cheese. Love it. Take a couple of slices off a baguette and toast 'em up, let it cool slightly so as not to melt the goat cheese that you then spread across the toasts, then top the cheezy toast with a couple of halved strawberries then sprinkle with a little ground pepper. You can also add a drizzle of balsamic vinegar. I was out. This was waaaay good!
This being my day off I got busy in the little kitchen. This came after the gougeres. Next up: Savory Cheese and Chive Bread. I've got a lot of swiss cheese and buttermilk to use up today.

No comments:

Post a Comment