Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Little pizza kitchen


Little pizza kitchen, originally uploaded by riptideredsf.
There's a whole lotta pizza goin' on in the little kitchen these days. I've been making up for lost time since I got the new pizza stone. This is my first attempt into the world of meat. I've been eyeing the varieties of flavored sausages since we started making the cajun bbq quesadilla at work. I was surprised at how much I enjoyed the spice and heat, so naturally I'm thinking about getting that onto a pizza.
This one starts with a tomato sauce made from canned crushed tomatoes. This is a really simple sauce I got from 101cookbooks. It was from her recipe for Stuffed Shells. I heated up some olive oil in a pot, added chopped garlic, a chopped shallot and some red pepper flakes before adding the can of tomatoes. Done.
I topped the sauce with mozzarella and parmesean. I cut up two largish cajun spiced sausages and browned them in a skillet a little before adding them to the pizza. This was goooood!

No comments:

Post a Comment