Thursday, July 21, 2011

meaty pizza

 


Ready for the oven, originally uploaded by riptideredsf.
This insanely loaded pizza is just ready to go in the oven. I then baked it up for a friend with whom I've been sharing my pizza triumphs.
The other day he handed me a bag of meat and cheese. I had some fun with this one yesterday. It included not only sausage and pepperoni (he'd inadvertently bought a 70% less fat turkey pepperoni), but the night before I caramelized some yellow onions, sauteed cremini mushrooms and roasted some red peppers. I had one slice before I handed it over and dang! it was good.
When I do this again, I'll double the dough and make it thicker so as to carry the weight of all that stuff.
I changed up my strategy on getting this behemoth onto the hot stone. I coated a rimless baking sheet with lots of corn meal then placed the rolled out dough on it before I started loading. It slid onto the stone easier and is much lighter and less cumbersome than the wooden cutting board I'd been using.
The little kitchen is happily a work-in-progress.

No comments:

Post a Comment