Saturday, July 23, 2011

charred corn tacodillas


Charred Corn tacodillas, originally uploaded by riptideredsf.
Is it a taco or quesadilla? I couldn't decide. I was having another ADD/OCD moment in the little kitchen yesterday as I bounced between my two favorite foodie blogs Smitten Kitchen and 101 Cookbooks. Heidi had posted a recipe for quesadillas a while back that had me all atwitter with her method of cooking an egg onto a corn tortilla then filling it with a little feta, herbs and toasted capers. I've made several versions of that quesadilla since and I love it!  A couple of days ago Smitten Kitchen posted a recipe for Charred Corn Tacos and though eggs weren't included in this recipe, she noted that eggs and tortillas pair up frequently in her kitchen. So from blog bouncing to bouncing off my little kitchen walls...
I created another hybrid. I just made these minutes ago and they are soooo good I had to get this down asap. Taco? Quesadilla? I guess in order for it to be a quesadilla the cheese has to be the dominant factor essentially binding all the other ingredients together.
I like the word tacodilla, a marriage of my two favorite blogs. My addition to the charred/sauteed corn filling are the grape tomatoes and some leftover caramelized onions. These were freakin' off-the-hook!

No comments:

Post a Comment