Thursday, July 28, 2011

Refrigerator Rescue-Slaw


Slaw, originally uploaded by riptideredsf.
It was the fennel that first cried out to be saved, a little brown around the edges, reaching out at me from the veggie drawer with its four trimmed fronds, then the discovery of a red bell pepper that had totally curled up in the corner of the drawer but was still surprisingly firm, a purple cabbage beginning to puddle in its bag... the great thing about cabbage is that it has a pretty great drawer life once you peel away the manky outer layer. It's all good now with the addition of some grated zucchini and a chiffonade of basil then Smitten Kitchens "Not Your Mamas Cole Slaw" awesome dijon blue cheese dressing with my additional riff of homemade mayonaise. At the very end of the processing I added a drizzle of agave nectar. I like a touch of sweetness in my mayo.

No comments:

Post a Comment