Sunday, July 3, 2011

blt pasta salad

 


BLT Pasta Salad, originally uploaded by riptideredsf.
I came across this dish on Veggie Venture, a blog that inspired me way back when I was starting my own veggie venture. I sorta forgot about it after discovering my current go-to fave's Smitten Kitchen and 101 Cookbooks.
It starts with cookin' up some orzo. While that's cookin', cook up some bacon. Nothing wrong with that! Chop up some tomatoes and basil, then there's a simple dressing that goes with this but I ended up using the last of my cole slaw on this, which included blue cheese and dijon and a few other requisite herbs, olive oil and lemon. This was pretty damn tasty...and this leads me to note that the cole slaw recipe I've come to love via Smitten Kitchen (she calls it Not Your Mamas Cole Slaw), has a pretty good afterlife for anyone like me who cooks for one and needs to note all the ways those leftovers can be adapted and used and re-imagined so the last glad storage container doesn't get tossed into the trash can.
It can be tossed into some cooked/cooled pasta to make a salad...some shaved parmesan on top would be awesome here.

No comments:

Post a Comment