Sunday, November 20, 2011

Rainy Day Baking


Rainy Day Baking, originally uploaded by riptideredsf.
Gingersnaps! Smitten Kitchen does it again. So perfectly spicy and timely. I'm getting the holiday baking off to an early start. Literally...5:45 a.m. early. Crazy! What's really crazy is that I've never made gingersnaps before. I honestly can't even remember ever desiring a gingersnap, being offered a gingersnap or eating a gingersnap. I've lived my whole life in a gingersnap void. Then two things happened. TKD mentioned that gingersnaps were the only cookie he liked and a day later Smitten Kitchen posted her gingersnap recipe. Kismet? Perfect timing? or coincidence?  I decided earlier this week to audition new cookies for the Christmas cookie trays. I've been making the same three cookies for 10 years. Time to shake things up a bit.
Especially now that I've factored in the freezer.
I fell asleep watching Gosford Park last night and the night before and the night before. I love that movie, Clive Owen, Richard E. Grant, Helen Mirren...the all-star cast just goes on and on. What's not to love? yet it's proven to be better than a sleeping pill. Nod off early and here I am baking before sunrise.
I've got 3 new cookies in the freezer,  the doughs that is. World Peace Cookies (not so new), Brown Butter Brown Sugar Shorties and finally Gingersnaps.
I woke up and cracked open an eye to see how close it was to coffee o'clock. 15 minutes...and visions of gingersnaps were dancing in my head.

No comments:

Post a Comment