Friday, November 18, 2011

Thanksgiving Bounty


Hello, originally uploaded by riptideredsf.
My friend Rick, dropped off about 30 pounds of squash and yams the other day. They had been purchased as set dressing for a fancy private party with a Moroccan street market theme. He ended up with a garage full of this stuff.
So ahead lies the challenge of what to do with this cast of characters.
One 900 gram squash made its way into Ottolenghis Sweet Corn Soup which I doubled to accomodate the whole squash and my family for T Day. I froze the soup in four 2 cup freezer bags.
I'll probably roast up a batch of fries with a couple of dipping sauces for T Day/football appetizers and there's a gorgeous recipe for Roasted Butternut Squash with Sweet Spices, Lime and Chilis in Plenty.

No comments:

Post a Comment