Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Oh. My. Goodness.

Currently OCDing on this, originally uploaded by riptideredsf.

I like pretty pictures.
It was still dark when I scooted down to Simple Pleasures for a beautifully leisure morning...like 6:05 a.m. Madness for a day off. I booted up the email and saw the notice from the library that THIS was waiting for ME...after what seemed like an eternity of waiting. Two blocks and four hours away. I was giddy with anticipation. At 10:05 I had it tucked under my arm and it hasn't left my side since.
Plently by Yotam Ottolenghi.

Hmmmnnn where do I begin? I like pretty pictures.
Almost exactly a year ago I started this blog...after several  months of noodling around my kitchen, it seemed necessary to manage my kitchen ADD keep track of everything I was doing there and what was inspiring me. Smitten Kitchen had posted her Cauliflower Parmesean Cake. The pretty picture piqued my curiosity enough to reconsider my aversion to cauliflower. It also piqued my interest in Ottolenghi. She linked to her recipe source, a column in The Guardian (UK) called The New Vegetarian by Yotam Ottolenghi. He simply calls it Cauliflower Cake. Innovative.  That word comes up in almost every thing that's been written about him.
SK's  comment section was abuzz with rave after rave for Ottolenghi and his London eateries. The book I've got in my hot little hands is a compilation of recipes and lots of pretty pictures from The New Vegetarian.
I googled images from Ottolenghi's eateries (boutique take-out) after reading about the stunning manner in which the food is presented. This is not about food all dolled up for the camera. It's for real.

No comments:

Post a Comment