Monday, June 27, 2011

Occasionally...Cookies!


Baked cookies for work, originally uploaded by riptideredsf.
At the risk of saturating my market of cookies, I've been on a little bit of a cookie tear over the past few months. What used to be a once a year Christmas Holiday one-off has recently morphed into other holiday foodie/cookie related artistic endeavors. Gay Pride is a holiday that speaks to me on a personal level, not only because it means a lot to people who mean a lot, but for the past several years I've been pretty much smack dab in the middle of it all, working in a bar that just sits on the edge the Civic Center. It's good business, everyone is on shift and there's a lot of high energy and a great vibe. Before I knew it I had visions of sugary rainbows dancing in my head. How would I make a rainbow fondant? Where to find a rainbow cookie cutter? Rainbow sugars? Then I considered the audience...the lucky receptacles of my cookie making inspirational spirt...my co-workers and it all became clear. Keep it simple. They're vultures. I'm still thinking about that rainbow fondant though...

No comments:

Post a Comment