Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Chipotle Cilantro Butter


Chipotle Cilantro Butter, originally uploaded by riptideredsf.
Oh my!Spicy buttery Summertime bliss...would be even more blissful if I had a grill to throw these babies down onto. Alas, these will just go into the oven wrapped in foil to bask in all its glorious buttery goodness. I've always been crazy about corn whether it be cobbed, creamed or kerneled and slathered in butter. As a kid, it was pretty much the only vegetable I'd eat. Yet as an adult I rarely, if never, left to my own, previously uninspired attempts in the kitchen, ever prepared corn on the cob. That's all changed.
A few months ago, a non-cook friend of mine asked me if I'd ever seen those dishes that were made for serving corn on the cob, ceramic troughs, textured and painted to look like corn that usually came with matching skewers. Not since the seventies, I told her. Of course the minute something like that is planted in my head, I see them everywhere.
Two days later, I came across a set at Goodwill, a brand-new-still-in-the-box set of Vintage Crystal Corn Cradles.  forked over the five bucks and split them with my friend. Like me, she cooks for one and didn't want or need the whole set of six. She was ecstatic. She bought me some corn skewers and I was off on my my corn tangent, remembering a gorgeous photo from Heidi Swansons first book, Super Natural Cooking for Yucatan Street Corn. I didn't make that. I made Bobby Flay's Chipotle Cilantro Butter. I pull back the husks and remove the silks and cut of the tip. I slather on the butter mixture and lay back a layer or two of husks, tying the tops with a thin strip of discarded husk, wrap it in foil and bake in a 400 degree oven for 25 minutes. Done and de-lish

No comments:

Post a Comment