Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Dreamy Cream Scones


Dreamy Cream Scones, originally uploaded by riptideredsf.
I bought some heavy cream the other day to make the Mushroom and Shallot Quiche and as usual had leftover. That seems to happen whenever I buy heavy cream. I become really, really sad dumping that money down the drain 'cuz heavy cream ain't cheap. Fresh baked scones anyone?.
I got this recipe a while back from Smitten Kitchen which she got via Americas Test Kitchen. Those are my two favorite foodie sites. ATK is a little more basic and they do have a tendency to complicate the waffle but the results are always worth the effort. I do have a peeve about the whole Cooks Illustrated Country Test Kitchen empire. The two magazines & the three websites must be subscribed to separately and there doesn't seem to be any discounting for cross over or multiple subscriptions. They're each about $25 a pop. Then there are the multiple books and DVD's. There's a lot of repetition but enough individuality to lure in the addict.That's where the foodie friends come in handy.

No comments:

Post a Comment