Saturday, August 6, 2011

Pomegranate Spritzer


Pomegranate Spritzer, originally uploaded by riptideredsf.
I've been playing around with mocktails for the last couple of days in an attempt to channel my creativity in the kitchen into my downtime at my job. During the day I work in a bar mixing up all kinds of margaritas and when work is done I've been known to enjoy a margarita or two or three myself, but there are times when a margarita or any cocktail for that matter may just not be the thing. Booze makes me lazy, yet the social time and the happy hour most definitely remain the thing. 
Things were slow today so I concocted this refreshing blend of pomegranate juice, grapefruit juice and club soda topped off with the juice of half a lime and half a lemon. I prefer a tart drink but I also made one with the addition of agave nectar to sweeten it up a little. You could also substitute Sprite to sweeten it up even more.
I gave the recipe to one of my favorite bartenders after work and had her sub cranberry juice for the pomegranate.

No comments:

Post a Comment