Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Summer

A day off. I woke up this morning to a dreary overcast day. It's usually dreary and overcast out in this neck of the woods. Cold. Wintery. Damp. That's the downside to living by the beach.Yet, two miles inland, the sun shines and the sky is blue. This is Summer in San Francisco.
I  decide to play up the rainy day angle and channel my inner domestic goddess. I grab my new stack of library books and magazines (because I juuuust don't have enough inspiration here in the little kitchen already), a pile of post-it tags and trot on over to Simple Pleasures. First order of business after purchasing my pint of coffee is to open up the netbook and search for eggplant recipes. Stay tuned for Eggplant Pizza.
After noodling around on the computer for an hour, I pull out The Barefoot Contessa's Back to Basics first. Within ten minutes I've tagged about 20 recipes and I'm freakin' starving. I quickly pack everything up (didn't even finish my coffee) and tear on back to the little kitchen. 
Yet, first thing I do when I get home is make pizza dough and get that rising. Then I commence with the preparation of my breakfast quesadilla using up the last of my caramelized onions. Within minutes the quesadilla is on the plate. Ready to eat. Do I dig in? not just yet. I'm still trying to get a good picture of this thing. I need to dress it up. A little dollop of yogurt with a little lemon zest? Next thing I know I'm making a cucumber dill salad.
Yes. I know I'm a freak.


No comments:

Post a Comment