Saturday, August 6, 2011

breakfast quesadilla with sauteed mushrooms

My mad kitchen skills seem to not only be fueled by OCD and ADD, now there's the more frequently occurring CRS (can't remember shit). Big bag of 'shrooms? from when and where did you come? I've known they were there and every day there's a fleeting thought to cook them. This morning, whilst sipping my pint of java at the cafe and trolling the internet, apropos of nothing, I had this image of sauteed mushrooms laying across a bed of caramelized onions wrapped in a warm blanket of an egg lined tortilla. 
Moments later I was back in the little kitchen inspecting mushrooms in an attempt to identify their origin and gauge their mankiness. I wouldn't eat them in a salad but they were crying to be tossed around in a buttered skillet with shallots, garlic, thyme and a little salt and pepper. Shredded cheddar and slivered basil finished these off quite nicely.

No comments:

Post a Comment