Monday, April 11, 2011

Pizza Night...


New Message, originally uploaded by riptideredsf.
...again. I'm in the midst of guerilla costuming and margarita mania and an opening weekend. Sunday  was a rare evening when I didn't have to be at a fitting or at a theater after my "day at the office". All I wanted to do was spend the evening in my kitchen and cook up some comfort to get me through the next few days of insanity. I've really had my fill of refried beans and tortillas.
First up was my tried and true Shaved Asparagus Pizza from Smitten Kitchen. I could do this one in my sleep. Pedaling by my local produce market I noted that the price of asparagus was quite within my comfort zone so I'd been thinking about this for a couple of days, just waiting for some kitchen time.
Wilst the dough was rising I began the preparations for Mushroom Risotto from my current library edition of Americas Test Kitchen Favorites which has been sitting on my kitchen table unopened for weeks amassing over-due fines in the process.
I made a hybrid of this mushroom risotto recently and though this particular recipe is labor intensive, the results were well worth it. There's actually something calming about the process of cooking risotto. Unlike rice or the pilafs I like to make where there's a lot of initial prep then it gets left alone until it's done, risotto needs a lot of love.

No comments:

Post a Comment