Friday, April 22, 2011

Pancakes and Promises...


New Message, originally uploaded by riptideredsf.
This post has been hovering about on draft mode for several days now. I've been back and forth to it, editing, deleting wondering "what's it all about?"
Pancakes. I made Heidi's Multigrain Pancakes because I've never really been a fan of the whole wheat variety of pancake. I ever only really want pancakes when I see an IHOP. I'd been mezmerized by all the different flours I see at Rainbow. So I made these and they were good. They don't look so good in the photo though 'cuz I made them for dinner and my little cell phone cam is not so happy in incandescent lighting.
This leads to a few promises beyond the obvious one to create better photos. I mentioned in a previous post that I'd broken the promise I made to myself not to buy any more cookbooks, but after the inspiration brought about by Super Natural Everyday and the 7 recipes I've produced, I can clearly say it was not a waste of money.
I promise NEVER (again) to peruse Amazon whilst drinking margaritas. I bought (I thought) two more cookbooks. When I checked my AOL mail (which I never use anymore) yesterday, I see all these confirmations from Amazon. Turns out I bought 4. OK...no regrets.
I promise to cook only from my new cookbooks for the next month. In addition to Melissa Clarks In the Kitchen with a Good Appetite and Dorie Greenspans Around My French Table, I also bought Super Natural Cooking and Good to the Grain.
I promise to go home right now and make these pancakes again and take a better picture.

No comments:

Post a Comment