Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Super Natural...Every. Day.

Cooking my way through Super Natural Everyday every day. Yesterday morning after noodling around on the netbook, I had about 30 minutes to get ready for work. Contemplating a quickie breakfast and amped up on coffee it only follows that one would decide to try a new recipe with only minutes to get out the door.
I'd earmarked this one for White Beans and Cabbage along with the White Bean Spread, originally planning it for dinner, but since I've been enjoying pancakes and oatmeal for dinner, why the hell not? Cooking cabbage for breakfast? Thinking outside the box? I throw that box on the floor and squash it like a bug!
I started heating up the olive oil at 9:00 and by 9:12, I had this on the plate. I brought the rest of it with me to work and finished it off. Easy. Start with two diced up potatoes and  some salt into a hot pan, brown 'em a little, toss in some diced shallots, cook a few minutes, add the white beans, brown those then add some finely shredded cabbage and toss around until starts to become slightly limp, like a minute. Done. On to a plate and top with parm and enjoy. Hmm....who'da thunk it?
Heidi's way with the camera is a talent I can only aspire to, at least for now equipped only with a cell phone and a Nikon Coolpix. Her photo for this dish actually adorns the cover of her book and it is truly inspiring because a short time ago, if any one had told me I'd even be thinking of cooking cabbage, let alone enjoying it for breakfast, I'da said you were nuts!
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment