Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Pizza!


Pizza!, originally uploaded by riptideredsf.
First time making pizza from scratch. I had gotten a big package of vacuum packed yeast from Smart & Final last week in an effort and incentive to advance my bread baking skills.
I was tooling around the library looking for something to read on a train ride and spied a Vegetarian Times magazine with a gorgeous veggie pizza on the the cover. It called for store bought pizza dough...meh! Pizza dough in the food processor could not be easier with instant yeast I came to find out. So dough rising in the dutch oven inside an unheated oven...50 minutes later resulted in the perfect rise. God I love that dutch oven!
This is a White Pizza with Broccoli & Mushrooms. The sauce is a bechamel-my new favorite thing. The mushrooms are sauteed then the broccoli is tossed in with 1/4 cup of water and steamed for a few minutes over the mushrooms.
Yes, I cooked the veggies too long as they all became kinda manky looking but in the end the pizza tasted absolutely brilliant. I finished the whole thing in two days.
I'm gonna make this again tonight and it will look beautiful.

No comments:

Post a Comment