Thursday, January 5, 2012

Hearty Lentil Soup


Hearty Lentil Soup, originally uploaded by riptideredsf.
The little kitchen is back and better than ever. After an inconvenient computer malfunction, and some unexpected free time on my hands, my little kitchen ventures can be explored, shared and archived once more. Activity has been anything but stagnant here as the holiday season was crazy with productivity. This week I've been all about the pantry, refrigerator rescue and focusing on freezer friendly food. I'll catch it up in little spurts.
The latest and greatest little kitchen production is a Hearty Lentil Soup from The Cooks Illustrated Cookbook.  It seems kind of crazy now but it was the first time in my life I've ever made a lentil soup and for the life of me I don't know why it took me so long.
Awhile back, whilst noodling around at my favorite natural foods co-op, Rainbow, I became mesmerized by all the towers of colorful legumes and bought several different lentils. It made feel all healthy and green seeing as I rode my bike all the way across town to shop there. I really just wanted to decorate the little kitchen with pretty jars.
That was then and this is now. Most of the pretty jars have moved into the dark pantry or refrigerator where their freshness can remain a little longer intact. My current kitchen challenge is to use the pantry and the produce market even more and the grocery store, a little less. I also smell another Dutch Oven Boule in my immediate future.

No comments:

Post a Comment