Monday, May 9, 2011

Motor Home Meatballs

So. There's this guy. I've got a bit of a crush on him. I've never met him or really ever laid eyes on him.  He's called ""Sam the Cooking Guy." He's got this cooking show over on one of those networks I never watch like Lifetime or Oxygen or something like that. I've never seen a show. I've never seen him in action. Nothing on youtube.
One of my co-workers Aaron, a student at the Culinary Academy, turned me on to Sam. Now I totally had Aaron stuffed into the Barefoot Contessa/Martha Stewart camp, so I'm thinking this cooking guy might be worth a look-see.
Sam is like the anti-christ to super natural cooking. He's kind of like the dude version of that semi-homemade chick.  I should hate him but I love him. Story of my life.
Besides he's way too cute to hate...at least his pictures in his cookbook and on his website are. Anthony Bourdain probably hates Sam.
Sam keeps me down to earth. Just so you know, I haven't gone all whole grain crazy....super natural foodista. Last week in the midst of Quinoa Patties and Spice Muffins I made Motor Home Meatballs from Sam the Cooking Guy...Just a Bunch of Recipes courtesy of the SFPL. He's just a guy who likes to cook for his kids and his friends. His recipes are pretty simple with a lot attitude and humor.
Motor Home Meatballs consist of lean ground beef, Heinz Chili Sauce and Concord Grape Jelly.Thats it...a sweet & sour sauce made from grape jelly you say? Crazy? Crazy good!

No comments:

Post a Comment