Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Grilled Polenta & Sauteed Mushrooms

I've been away from my Little Kitchen way too long! I woke up to a day off with nothing to do (well... I did have stuff to do but my procrastination demon decided to control the day) and a lot of rain. What to do on a rainy day? Noodle around the kitchen of course!
I've been into the polenta lately. This recent batch I started in the kitchen annex at my house-sit. I cooled it in an 8x8 pan and sliced off bits for breakfast for a few consecutive morning. I absolutely love it porridge style (I reheat it in a the microwave adding a little water then mash it up with some butter), with a poached egg on top and some grated parmesean. I could eat it this way for every meal! My new comfort food and it couldn't be more simple.
This morning I was down to the last square and decided to try out the grill pan with a brush of melted butter. It wasn't until it was on the pan that I had the brilliant idea to saute up some 'shrooms. I just used regular white button mushrooms, sauteed with some shallots, garlic, salt, pepper and fresh thyme, cooked that around a bit until the 'shrooms were nice and brown and there was a nice fond sticking to the pan then I added some beef stock and finished it with a little heavy cream.
My two new favorite things-Polenta and Mushrooms.

No comments:

Post a Comment