Saturday, January 4, 2014

Artwork in the little kitchen

This was one of the crafty gifts I made this Christmas. I got this bee in my bonnet last year when I stumbled upon a series of cute food illustrations on Pinterest, which ultimately led me to this website. It's a really fun and inspiring place full of illustrated recipes submitted by artists from all over the world. The recipe (and the photograph that inspired the artwork) for the chocolate cake came from Yvette van Boven's Home Made Winter. I love her books. She has  restaurants in Paris and Amsterdam and she's also an illustrator.
I made the microwave cake. It didn't puff up as much as the photograph but it was surprisingly tasty and the perfect answer to a sudden chocolate craving.
This is another recipe from Cook's Country.It's more work, but worth the effort.



No comments:

Post a Comment