Friday, February 24, 2012

Ready to roll


New Message, originally uploaded by riptideredsf.
This is an addendum to my previous post on the bento box lunch, my newest and current little kitchen project. See, I still have lots of chicken left as well as asian pesto so I'm lookin' for ways to amp it all up. I added a layer of black bean paste to the asian pesto chicken and some roasted red peppers.  You can experiment a lot with what you choose to spread on a tortilla. I've been combining my asian pesto chicken with only yesterdays leftover salad and it has been seriously good. The roll up is an excellent way to use up yesterdays salad, yet for the first time all week, I didn't have any leftover salad. Yay me! So a few postings back I revealed my discovery of a new way to use black beans. The recipe I used from Ottolenghi's book Plenty, was called Black Bean Paste (it's back in the bacon jam post). The name is not all that inspiring. It's really just a black bean hummus, but it's super DE-lish and really versatile. Does Black Bean Spread sound more appealing?
All I can say is that the roll-up I made for lunch today had been swimming in my head all morning until lunchtime finally rolled around and this did not disappoint. Even a few of my collegues commented on it's purtiness.

No comments:

Post a Comment