Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Pink Lemonade Bars

Pink Lemonade Bars, originally uploaded by riptideredsf.
 It's my one and only day off. I've got nothing on my agenda. No To-Do list. Yet, I'm up at the crack of dawn headed down to my neighborhood cafe with my netbook, a stack of newly checked out library cookbooks and back issues of Gourmet and Saveur magazines, armed with a fistful of neon Post-it Notes ready to tag, and a blank page waiting patiently for me to begin my lists: things to bookmark for the future cookery, not-so-distant-future cookery,  immediate future cookery, finally:  "make this today!" Yet it doesn't take long before I get distracted  by some other shiny new cookery inspiration and forget I ever heard of Smitten Kitchens Pink Lemonade Bars...what greeted me this morning on my trusty news feed.
And sure enough... I did that. I forgot. I moved on to corn chowder. Hours later, I'm at my local produce market shopping for the afore mentioned chowder fixins' when I spy...raspberries! on sale!  $1 a basket! Wait! Why do I want raspberries? I know I MUST buy them. But why?
This is why. These are absolutely de-LISH!

No comments:

Post a Comment