Wednesday, October 5, 2011

ready for roasting


Tomatoes ready for roasting, originally uploaded by riptideredsf.

The little kitchen has been sadly neglected these several weeks, but for the sake of art. Even in the midst of the insanity and sleep deprivation that has invaded my life and body lately, I feel like I need my kitchen more than ever.
Smitten Kitchen posted a recipe for Roasted Tomato Soup a little over a week ago and I'd find myself from time to time, thinking about this damn soup.
What's remarkable about this is that the soup is finished under a broiler like a French Onion Soup...in an oven-safe bowl with a toasted chunk of french bread and a topping of shredded cheddar cheese.
I roasted the tomatoes last night with generous slather of Magic Sauce from 101 Cookbooks. Magic Sauce is an herb infused olive oil featuring sweet paprika, hence the orange sheen on the tomatoes.
I made the soup in a mad dash this morning but it got a little burnt under the broiler so I'll try it again tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment