Saturday, October 22, 2011

2000 recipes


A new cookbook, originally uploaded by riptideredsf.
I usually don't get all that excited by book signings, even when Anthony Bourdain was in town awhile back and  I LOVE that man.
But when my America's Test Kitchen feed on facebook announced that Chris Kimball would be in town today...I mean, how could I not go. I don't have to buy a book, I told myself. I've resisted the 70% off offers that I get through my ATK newsletters every week. I swore off buying any more cookbooks. I didn't even know there was a new cookbook. Well, it goes without saying, I've got a new cookbook...an 875 page behemouth of a cookbook. A $40, full on retail paid, cookbook. 2000 recipes from the best of Cooks Illustrated Magazine. But it's signed...to me "To Michele, nice to meet you, Chris Kimball" Nuthin' wrong with that.
Questions asked at the book signing:
What is the recipe that has given ATK the most trouble? Fudge! What recipe is the test of a good cook? Apple pie.
 I'm not gonna go all Julie/Julia on this but I best get crackin'.
In continuing with my Indian curry obsession, I'll be making Chicken Tikka Masala tonight (which as it turns out is not an authentic Indian recipe, but originated in a London curry house). I love this book already;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment