Wednesday, February 5, 2014

Just show up


my view, originally uploaded by michele wynne.
It didn't take long at all for my one and only New Years resolution to go south.
The intention was to fully commit to the blog one way or another...no procrasting-waiting for inspiration to hit, but to chase after it with a club and not going all OCD to find or pick the recipe-that-must-be-made, actually making it and then getting it all picture perfect so it can be photographed at 10:15 in the morning when the light comes through the kitchen window at just the right angle. Sheeeesh!
The idea was to post some thing relevant, inspiring or interesting...kind of like that Parisian guy who snaps off a pic every single day and blogs about it. 
This morning I read an interview with Molly Wisenberg, the brains behind Orangette. She said the most important thing you can do is just show up. Alrighty then.
One of the places I show up regularly is my inspiring foodie haven Bi-Rite Market here in San Francisco and lucky for me, it's my job. 
Right now I've got two irons in the fire: Sweet Cream Pancakes, a-work-in-progress inspired by the best pancakes I've ever had-thanks Black Bear Diner and a macaroni and cheese from this gorgeous cookery book: Melt-The Art of Macaroni and Cheese.
Stay tuned....





No comments:

Post a Comment